At Pompeii’s Plumbing, we understand that no homeowner relishes the idea of a sewer replacement. That’s why we always gather as much information as we can before we begin any work on your property.
How do we do that? We use a state-of-the-art video camera to inspect the pipe causing all the trouble. This allows our technicians to not only identify the problem, but to pinpoint its exact location. The camera allows our plumbing experts to get eyes on the real source of the problem and then proceed with the best course of action.
Here are the 5 most common causes for sewer replacement:
- Bellied Pipes: A “bellied” pipe where a section of the pipe has sunk due to ground or soil conditions, creating a low spot in the line where paper and waste collect and cause repeated blockages.
- Leaking Pipes: Leaking joints where the seals between sections of pipe have broken, allowing water and sewage to escape.
- Corroded or Rusted Pipes: Corrosion of an older pipe that caused the pipe to break or collapse.
- Otherwise Compromised Pipes: Broken, cracked or collapsed pipes can result from shifting soil, frozen ground, settling, among other possible causes.
- Tree Roots: Public enemy number one in the pipe repair industry. An excessive amount of tree roots strangling your sewer line often cannot be cleared using a cable machine.
While it can be relatively easy for complications in your sewer line to develop, actually determining the cause of these problems is a different story. Not every sewer line complication necessarily calls for a replacement, but the more you know, the more informed your buying decisions will be.
No matter what is causing your sewer related issues, Pompeii’s Plumbing can handle it! Call today—our operators are standing by!