In any modern home, our water lines are under a great deal of stress. Modern appliances, such as high-efficiency dishwashers, dual flush toilets, or even outdoor hot tubs require a pipe system that runs smoothly with maximum flow capacity to keep all of those appliances functional. That’s why, when you’ve got drainage problems, you should call Pompeii’s Plumbing right away. We’ve got the most advanced solutions to your plumbing emergencies, and we’ll fix your drains to be good as new before you know it. There isn’t a problem that our skilled, licensed, and friendly drain professionals can’t fix.
But how do you know there’s a problem? Since our pipes are largely out of view, it can be difficult to tell when our pipes have encountered an issue, such as tree root intrusion or pinhole links. Truth be told: if you have older, metal pipes in your home, chances are you have or will be dealing with piping problems soon! Watch for some of these signs to make sure that you catch clogs before they become major problems:
- Slow Drains- When you take a shower, does water pool around your feet? Do you sinks seem to take a long time to clear? You might not have a complete clog yet, but it’s still an issue. Sediment build-up might be reducing your flow capacity.
- Back-Ups– Toilet back-ups happen to everyone once in a while, but if your drains keep reversing then you might need a more permanent fix.
- Puddles in Yard/Slab Leaks– Sometimes pipes can have pinhole leaks or offset joints without causing any system failures, but those leaks are symptoms of larger problems. If you notice discolored patches, puddles, drips, or hot spots on your property, you need to have an inspection performed.
- Water Odor– Cloudy, discolored, or rusty water from the tap could be a sign that your pipes are leaching heavy metals into your tap water. This is a symptom of in-pipe corrosion, and it can be very hazardous to your health if allowed to continue.
- Noises- If your sinks, toilets, or showers make gurgling sounds as they drain, it could mean there’s an obstruction.
- Low Water Pressure– Are your faucets not delivering the power they used to? There are a whole host of reasons this issue might arise, and Pompeii’s plumbing can take care of any of them.
Don’t let your plumbing problems become major catastrophes: contact our drain experts today to hear about our maintenance, repairing, and general clearing plans.