There are a lot of things you need to take care of around your Avon home. But, everything costs money so many homeowners will put off certain home repairs for weeks, months or even years until they can afford them. However, there are certain things around the house you simply should not put off. Not only can they cost you more money in the long run, they can put your home and your family at risk if you wait too long.
Dirty filters in your air conditioning, heating, or air quality system are a problem. Not only do they force your HVAC system to work harder to maintain a good temperature, they are frequently a major cause of airborne contaminants and pathogens. Imagine it this way; those filters are meant to remove something from your air. If they get dirty and are not replaced or cleaned, they probably aren’t working any longer and you can get sick. Dirty filters are inexpensive and easy to fix. Both you and your HVAC repairperson should see to them regularly.
Flexible Gas Connectors
Gas connectors are used to transfer gas from the supply entering your home to various appliances like your stove, water heater and furnace. So, there is a lot of natural gas passing through them each day. If they are not properly cared for, that natural gas can start to leak from the connectors and eventually build up in your home to an unsafe level. You should have a carbon monoxide detector installed on every floor of your home and you should have someone come out and check your system regularly for problems.
Water leaks are more than just messy – they can cause damage to fixtures and floorboards and over time can lead to the growth of mold and the weakening of your entire home. Especially in concrete or foundational walls, water leaks need to be seen to immediately. Even just a small leak can cost you money and put your home at an increased risk of damage.